Monday, June 1, 2009

Flit, float, flutter

Whoa! It has been over a month since I reflected on something on this blog. Scary how time flies. I can barely keep my fingers wrapped around the steeringwheel as it roars along, carrying me with it. It seems like only yesterday I was pregnant and expectantly looking forward to my first baby. Now my baby is a year and a half old and we are praying for another one. The same goes for stories. As I look back over all the novels I have completed, I am amazed as how much time as passed. It seems like only yesterday I was agonizing over where to go in Cecily, about ready to throw Jayne out the window, venting my frustrations with Darius, and thoroughly enjoying torturing Seth. Yes, I tend to torture my characters.

At the moment, though, I am torturing myself. It is a common occurance. I have written a chapter in Wren and I am not sure it works. Sometimes I am just worrying for no good reason. Sometimes I am onto something and there really is something wrong. Either way, it doesn't do me much good worrying about it. That is why I have great readers. It there is something wrong, they will let me know. I am so thankful for their help for that exact reason. If I need to fix something they let me know. If I am just being a ninny, they let me know. They don't actually call me a ninny, but they encourage me to go on. Because of them, I know someone is listening. That by itself is reason enough to go on. :)

No comments: